The science of Pranayama was developed by Yogis through an intuitive and experimental understanding of Prana and its influence on the human mechanism at various levels. The Sanskrit word Prana is combination of two syllables pra meaning ‘forth’ & an meaning ‘movement or to breathe’, thereby referring to the idea that life force energy is always dynamic.
This yoga session focuses on the effects of Pranayama on your physical, mental and emotional levels. You will also be learning the different techniques of breathing along with their benefits.
- Preservation of the body’s health.
- Purification of the blood.
- Improvement in the absorption of oxygen.
- Strengthening the lungs and heart.
- Regulation of blood pressure.
- Regulation of the nervous system.
- Supporting the healing process and healing therapies.
- Increasing resistance to infection.
- Elimination of stress, nervousness and depression.
- Quietening of thoughts and emotions.
- Inner balance.
- Release of energy blockages.
- Deepening of meditation.
- Awakening and purification of the Chakras (energy centres).
- Expansion of consciousness.