A celebrated Yoga personality, acknowledged as one of the top 10 Yoga teachers from India. His revolutionary fitness techniques have been well acclaimed by both regional and international media. By understanding modern lifestyles, he has successfully created a fusion of ancient Yoga practices to cure many vexing lifestyle ailments through his brand Lifestyle Yoga.
Sumit’s journey began from the North Indian town of Baghpat in Uttar Pradesh and took him to the Himalayas, home of pure yoga, where he discovered Yoga as a way to human consciousness and overall well-being. Sumit began practising Yoga in 1998 at the age of 18 under the guidance of his Guru Shreeram Sharma Acharya in the Himalayas. During his four-year training, he interacted with the mystics and it was this experience that brought him closer to understanding the physiology and psychology of the human body. In 2005, he earned his degree, a P0ST GRATUDATE DIPLOMA in Yoga Science and Human Consciousness, from Haridwar in India and since then has been acclaimed as a professional trainer/therapist, spreading magic of yoga throughout the world.
Today, he spreads his wisdom of Yoga through practising and facilitating progressive yoga through dynamic asanas, pranayamas, counselling, reflex actions and therapy. He has trained and facilitated many corporate workshops and has conducted induction programs for beginners as well as professional group classes. Hundreds of people, particularly those suffering from diabetes and hypertension, have benefited from his Pranic healing therapy.
From training corporate groups for leadership skills, to providing consultancy and advice to people regarding correct methods of exercising using fitness equipment to actual body pump, backbends and arm balances with Astanga Yoga to actual fitness coaching, he has touched upon every aspect of well-being that he personally considers important.
- More than 20 years and 18000 hours of teaching experience
- National yoga champion
- Taught 200 plus workshop and Meditation course
- Taught Yoga & Meditation in Germany, Austria, Malaysia, India , UAE
- Member of Indian Association of Yoga
- 3 year Bachelor course in Physical Education & Yoga
- Certified in Pranic Healing
- One year Diploma in yoga and human consciousness
- Attended many national and international yoga conference
- Practiced & Learnt under BKS Iyengar for 2 years
- 100-Plus Mindfulness Yoga Retreat Worldwide
- Multiple Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training Course